Especially if you are a homeowner, making your own repairs will save you quite a bit of money. Saving money is frugal right? There is absolutely no reason to hire a repair man to stop a simple water leak, change out an electrical outlet or putting up gutters.
Many home improvement stores have free classes on the weekends that teach men and women how to make simple repairs to their homes. These classes are always FREE so why not check out your local home improvement store to see what they offer.
Learning how to replace a pane of glass, make a simple plumbing repair, hanging a door or patching a hole in sheet rock may seem daunting but these repairs are basic and easy.
10 Must Have Items for DIY Repairs
With these tools you can fix just about anything.
- Duct Tape - A very strong tape that is waterproof. Duct tape can be used as a temporary repair and comes in many colors
- WD-40 - This product is used for just about anything
Loosens rusty bolts
Stops squeaking doors
- Wood Glue - A tough glue that adheres strong and clear
- Caulking Gun - This is a must for a homeowner as you can replace old calking around windows, toilets, bathtubs and more.
- Spackling and Trowl - Repairs holes in drywall
- Screwdrivers - Straight edge and Phillips Head NOTE: There are many different sizes of screwdrivers and each one is used for specific jobs
- Level - A must have for carpentry projects
- Paint Brushes - You will want a straight and an angle brush for painting projects
- Wrench - There are several types of wrenches some are used for loosening bolts and there is also a specific wrench for plumbing
With the items listed above you can repair just about anything. There is nothing like a feeling that you repaired something all by yourself. A sense of pride and accomplishment will make anyone feel more confident about themselves. Not to mention you can show off your handiwork to your friends and family.
By teaching yourself simple household repairs you will not only keep your home in it's best shape possible you will be saving a lot of money since you are not hiring someone else to repair simple tasks that can be done by you.
Take pride in everything you do. Learn as much as you possibly can as the more you learn the more you know. My favorite saying is:
"There isn't anything I can't do because there isn't anything I can't Learn" -MSargent-
I hope you enjoyed this article
(c) 2017 MSargent All Rights Reserved