Earth Day is a day to celebrate Mother Earth. Personally, Earth Day should be celebrated every day and not just one day. It is a day to clean up neighborhoods, waterways, and to teach others how to do the same.
How You Can Help
There are several ways you can help celebrate Earth Day. Here are a few ideas.
- Go for a walk and pick up trash along the way.
- Clean trash out of a lake or river.
- Recycle your plastics, glass and cardboard
- Plant a tree
- Teach your children to put trash in a trash can and not litter
- Can you recycle items around your house instead of throwing something away
- Pick up trash in your local park
- Recycle Metals and Tires by taking them to the proper recycling facility
- Clean trash from a local beach
- Clean your closet and donate to charity or a woman's safe shelter
- Stop drinking bottled water. Plastic does not break down in our landfills. Carry Reusable water bottles.
- Update your light bulbs to save energy
- Help in a Community Garden
- Plant Bee and Butterfly friendly flowers in your yard
- If you are in a group think about adopting a highway and pick up trash
- Fix leaking faucets to save water and money on your water bill
- Carpool or take a neighbor to the store to save on vehicle emissions and to help others
- Purchase local produce at a Farmers Market and help your local farmers
- Insulate your home to save on energy bills
- Replace old and cracked caulking around your windows to save on energy bills
- Teach your children the importance of reducing trash, recycling, upcycling and reusing items.
We all should make every day Earth Day. If you see trash pick it up, provide a habitat for birds, bees and butterflies. Be kind to Mother Earth because with out her we will not be able to survive.
Living Frugal, Eating Healthy, Healthy Living
(c) 2017 MSargent All Rights Reserved